Hungary

On 22 March 1941 the station in Kascha raises power to 6 kW.

On 9 July 1944 Station Q, als called Soldatensender Prinz Eugen, starts broadcasting on longwave from Batschka. The station also calls itself Studio Belgrad Lili Marleen.

On 1 May 1945 Hungarian radio, silent since late 1994, returns to the air.

On 1 April 2005 Magyar Katolikus Radio starts broadcasting on 810 kHz (Szolnok) and 1340 kHz (Lakihegy), while Radio Mohács starts on 1485 kHz. On 1 November the Radio Mohács transmitter is closed down and moved to another location.

On 13 April 2008 Radio Mohács resumes broadcasting but under a new name, Régió Rádio. Licensed with 1 kW, the station broadcasts with 220 watts.




Geluidsfragment Extract from Hungarian Juventus Radio (1994) on 801 kHz (courtesy of Herbert Meixner)   01:01, 32 kbps, 44 kB (MP3)
    QSL from RFE/RL via Marcali 1188 kHz in 2001 (courtesy of Peter Vaegler)  43 kB (jpg)
    QSL of Radio Fünfkirchen on 1251 kHz from 2001 (courtesy of Peter Vaegler)   243 kB (jpg)
    QSL of Radio Budapest on 1250 kHz in 1968  (courtesy of Peter Vaegler)   195 kB (jpg)